HomeMy EtsyQuiltingSewingEmbroideryFiber Arts

Friday, November 8, 2013

Quilting and more

Last weekend I had two very large quilts to quilt for some friends.  The first one is a block of the month pattern my good friend Doris made (and actually finished it - not like me where it is still sitting in the box!)  The colors are gorgeous and it finished out at 86"x98".

 I used an allover pattern called Tickle Two which sewed out sew nice!
The second quilt has 12 cross stitched pansy blocks that I had to quilt around rather than across.   My first attempt at custom quilting.  The colors on this one are so pretty too.

You can see the detail in the cross stitched block in this photo.  This quilt took me 10 hours to quilt. and measures 94"x110".   It fit on my king sized bed with room to spare!  I hope the new owner likes it too.
Next is a lime, blue and white quilt for a surprise Christmas gift.   I'll share pictures later.


No comments:

Post a Comment