HomeMy EtsyQuiltingSewingEmbroideryFiber Arts

Sunday, November 10, 2013

November Tea Cups and Swaps

I was able to complete my Tea Cups for this month and mailed them out yesterday!   I just love it when I am on the early side of a swap.   I think these are my second favorite cups I've made (this does not include those I have received - they are all just gorgeous!) because last month was definitely my favorite one.

Don't you agree this is pretty?   Now this month I went for the obvious.   The saying on the fabric is "pumpkins and spice and everything nice" - so fitting for November, I think.
Then I received my swap package from my newest swap partner, Shelly, through the Quilting Gallery.   This was my first time to participate in a swap there.  Shelly is an awesome swap partner.   It was for 2 fall themed mug rugs and she blew me away with her techniques and creativity.   Just look at these.

Because it was the month of October, Shelly thought outside the box and came up with the Ta-Ta's design. She used a special stitch on her machine to make the top of the bra look like lace.  Just incredible.  There was also the spool pincushion (which I collect tho she didn't know that) and a tea bag wallet.   Superly wonderful!   If you are reading this Shelly, thank you again!
I am sew impressed!

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome! I loved my leaf and Day of the Dead goodies, as well.

    ReplyDelete