HomeMy EtsyQuiltingSewingEmbroideryFiber Arts

Saturday, January 12, 2013

NPC Quilt and more

Another productive day!  After getting up way too early for a Saturday morning to go to my grandson's basketball game (he was awesome btw! -  he's 8) we came home and crashed!   Well, at least my daughter and hubby crashed.  I hit the studio running!  I had seen a really cute quilt block on Quiltsville Quips and Snips and just had to try it.  Of course, I made it wrong but I think if I stop and think it thru correctly, I will get it right next time.   It was a star block and I just go crazy for those.

Then we took my daughter and grandson out for a birthday lunch at BJ's Brewhouse.   It was so yummy!  On the way home I dropped off my hubby at my son's so they could watch the Broncos play (they are such die hard Bronco fans even though we now live in Texas and have for 25 years), and came home and hit the studio again.
First thing was to load and quilt another lap quilt for my church group, North Pointe Comforts.  We make these for the nursing homes and our supply is really low.   I have about three more to do to be caught up.

   
I ordered a book called doodle quilting which came yesterday and I had practiced drawing loops and tried it out on this quilt.   I really want to do more free motion quilting.  The stippling I can do pretty good.   My goal is feathers!

Then, just because, I made seven more key fobs.   They are so quick and easy and cute!
I hope you all have a blessed week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment