HomeMy EtsyQuiltingSewingEmbroideryFiber Arts

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Gail's Quilt

Just before I found out about Jennifer and her cancer, I began a quilt for her oldest sister, Gail Ann.  Gail was diagnosed a few years ago with MS.   The disease has progressed quickly forcing Gail to retire and change her and her husbands life.   Kevin, her husband, retired at the end of last year.   They have been avid travelers, mostly by truck and camper and then truck and camper/trailer.  Gail's inability to safely walk has not slowed down their travels one bit.   She and Kevin continue to travel extensively.

They live in such a warm (not) climate, Gunnison CO, that I thought it might be a nice gift to make a quilt Gail could wrap around her in the wheelchair or when she sits on the couch.   When I found the fabrics (all from my stash!) they just seemed to call out her name.  Her is the quilt I made for her.




On the back I used a fleece blanket for added warmth.  The quilting, which was called water lilies, shows up very well in the next pics.

I had a couple extra blocks left over and so I made her a zipper bag to keep special things close to her.

I know that she is enjoying using these items!  Love you bunches Gail Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment