HomeMy EtsyQuiltingSewingEmbroideryFiber Arts

Monday, March 18, 2013

Other business this month.


 As promised, here are some of the other things I found myself doing this month that did not get posted earlier. 

My granddaughter, Abby, asked me to make a purse for her like one her friend at school had.   She brought it home for me to look at and this is what we came up with.  
It is one of the purses that uses a metal tape measure in the top to allow you to open it and then it snaps shut again.
She just loves it and now my grandson wants one for his pencils that he is collecting!  (he collects lots of odd things like erasers, embroidery thread snips, butterflies and such).   His only request is I use a baseball fabric of some sort.   That will be next week's project.   Then I also embroidered out some quilt blocks that I just fell in love with.
I have since put borders and corners on them but have not yet put them together in a quilt plan yet.    I loved the blocks so much that I embroidered them out to make coasters and will post a picture of those when my mom finished the hand crocheted edging on them.   You will love them.
I also finished the quilt for my "adopted" granddaughter, Scarlett.   She is not really adopted, but her mom is my oldest daughter's best friend and the kids have no living grandmother.   I love being a grandma so I jumped right in.   Scarlett is in college now and I tried to have this ready for her for her birthday in October, then for Christmas and finally I finished it and mailed it out.   She got it last Friday and loves it.  It is such young, fun colors!

 Anyway, it has been a busy month.   I am behind on my 3 block of the month blocks, but will catch them all up next week, after contest.  Hope your week/month is sew productive!


No comments:

Post a Comment